[Edu-sig] More pipeline developments

Markus Schlager m.slg at gmx.de
Sat Mar 3 17:21:11 CET 2007

On Fri, 2 Mar 2007, kirby urner wrote:

> If other subscribers to edu-sig have success stories using
> Scratch, I'd be interested in learning about 'em.  Here's
> the web site for those new to this language (note Linux
> version in the works): http://scratch.mit.edu/

The .exe is just a self-extracting zip-archive. You can run the .image
included with squeaks VM on Linux as well. If you use the archives
directory-structure as is, the only thing not working is the
fullscreen-presentation-mode.

Three or four weeks from now I'm going to use Scratch with my 7th-graders
at a German Gymnasium as starting point to teach them algorithmic
thinking, which I consider it a _really_ good tool for. I don't have to
care about syntax or typewriting and am able to focus on the core
concepts from the very beginning.

Markus