[Edu-sig] curriculum

Matthew Schinckel matt at schinckel.net
Mon Jul 23 04:54:49 CEST 2007

Using algebra as a basis for teaching programming is great.  I've used
it at times as a lead-in: you basically use the same terminology
(functions), and kids really like being able to replace the actual
calculations with a function that can be 'worked out' by the computer.

You could also approach it from a variety of different directions.
GUI programming is possible, but with the class I am working with now
I wish I'd had more chance to spend teaching other stuff before having
to move to a GUI toolkit.

Matt.