[Edu-sig] Donated computers, Linux, and IDLE problems.

Atul Varma varmaa at gmail.com
Thu Jul 19 13:05:14 CEST 2007

Hi Richard,

Have you considered using Ubuntu?  The latest version of the distro
comes with Python 2.5 installed, and IDLE can be easily installed
using the built-in package management system.  I've also found that
installing Ubuntu is easier than installing Windows, and its base
configuration is reasonably minimalistic.

- Atul