[Edu-sig] Tkinter window behind IDLE under Mac OS X

Ernesto Costa ernesto at dei.uc.pt
Wed Jan 31 01:21:10 CET 2007

Hi,

The problem is related with using IDLE because it does not uses
processes or threads. In Mac OS X I installed X11 and use DrPython
(http://drpython.sourceforge.net/) or  TexMate (http://
macromates.com/). They both work well. DrPython is great for teaching
and TexMate is a terrific general editor for almost every language
(LaTeX included...) in the planet and you also call the Python
interpreter from within it.

While DrPython runs on other platforms as well TexMate is for Mac OS
X only.

Ernesto Costa