[Edu-sig] Python for math teachers (Google videos)

Arthur ajsiegel at optonline.net
Fri Jan 26 17:26:47 CET 2007

kirby urner wrote:
> Plus you want to start exposure young enough to see if you have some
> child prodigies.  You can't have child prodigies if you keep the computer
> locked up until they have beards.

I am not proposing keeping it locked up.  I am making the modest
proposal that we keep it in perspective.

Do I have a problem with Squeak??  Not in the least.  It would be
inconsistent with everything I am trying to say to have a problem with a
  piece of software, especially one that is technically interesting by
just about everyone's assessment.  I have a problem with overreaching,
Millennialist ideas and claims, Grand Fallooning and etc and etc.  It
happens, for whatever reason, that happens a lot surrounding Squeak.
But it is not Squeak.

I like it just as little when it happens surrounding Python, BTW.