[Edu-sig] Coxeter Theory: The Cognitive Aspects

kirby urner kirby.urner at gmail.com
Sun Jan 21 19:37:19 CET 2007

On 1/21/07, Arthur <ajsiegel at optonline.net> wrote:
> Speaking of Coxeter, teaching, learning, cognition, computers, GUIs
>
> the thoughts of a mathematics educator:
>
> Coxeter Theory: The Cognitive Aspects
>
> http://www.maths.manchester.ac.uk/~avb/pdf/coxeter.pdf
>
> Evenhanded enough.

Hey awesome paper, a definite keeper, thanks.

Very Godel Escher Bachian in places.

Reminds of Jay Kappraff's stuff as well (NJIT guy, never met even
though lived in
nearby Jersey City for a spell, had early intercourse with Network Nation's
early infrastructure (Network Nation was an influential book)).

In Bucky World, we start with some reflections in XYZ, of a MITE in one octant,
eight of which (reflections + original) = One Coupler, a spacefilling unit of
volume for us.