[Edu-sig] An OLPC comment

kirby urner kirby.urner at gmail.com
Thu Jan 18 18:50:44 CET 2007

On 1/18/07, Arthur <ajsiegel at optonline.net> wrote:
> kirby urner wrote:
>
> > Honk honk!  <--- goose noise
> >
> > "AFLAK!"
>
> Talk about interesting terminology ;)
>
> Art

I maybe should've elaborated, when I talked about not
having OLPC in my active namespace...

We call our program CP4E, with an emphasis on the E
(Everyone or Everybody).  Doesn't mean you are required
by law to give a fig about computer programming (CP),
but does mean our curriculum writers have a responsibility
to write for all levels, and that includes making assumptions
about hardware and bandwidth availability.

As someone who pushes NALB (No Adult...) in the Math
Forum, you might see where I'm consistently moving into
the adult registers [making voice sound deeper sound effect].

In concert with CP4E, I write for HP4E, a partially overlapping
curriculum with a more geometrical spin (HP stands for
HexaPent, a made up geek word, like "Gnu Math" and
"Katrina Math").