[Edu-sig] Python.Camp

Jan Ulrich Hasecke jan.ulrich at hasecke.com
Thu Jan 18 08:47:56 CET 2007

Hi all!

I am deeply impressed by the profund discussions about OLPC. When I
look at the equiment of an ordinary school in Germany, it would be
nice if UNESCO would give all pupils a low cost notebook with python
installed to have a decent possibility to learn programming. ;-)

A week ago I proposed in a local python group (Python User Group
Cologne) to organize a Python Camp for Kids. It is not very clear
what this will be, but I think it could be a kind of weekend course
with living in a youth hostel or tents or just a intense course
during two afternoons.

The idea was born out of private experience. I cannot find a
institution, where my son could improve his programming skills after
the first steps. School just sucks. And I am not a programmer.

Does anybody here ever organized such an event and can provide a
checklist or some hints how to organize it?

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Jan Ulrich Hasecke

--
hasecke.com Business Communication