[Edu-sig] An OLPC comment

ajsiegel at optonline.net ajsiegel at optonline.net
Wed Jan 17 21:46:23 CET 2007

Bert Freudenberg wrote:> Hi Art,> > if you are interested in a serious discussion with OLPC, rather than  > just about OLPC, their open forum might be a better place than Python  > edu-sig.> > See http://mailman.laptop.org/mailman/listinfo> > You might even get a response ;-)Heh, I just got one ;)I of course assume that the lack of response that I get hereis based on the fact that what I am saying is so well stated as to be incontrovertible.  And that thereare some X number of people simply nodding their headsin agreement. What's left to say ;)The possibility that I am perceived to be wandering so far from the topics this list in intended to discuss, or be perceived as so far off the bus - as a general matter - as to be hopeless to address has, of course, never occurred to me. Though conceivably if the keynotes of PyCon 2007, and EuroPython 2006,were otherwise, it might have. If it were otherwise, I might, in fact, at this stage of the game be limiting my posts here to the Grand Vpython Salvage Plan -  GTK, all the way - and trying to get some reaction to it and the concrete ideas and technical advice I might need to achieve it.But I am entitled to my say, my interest is more in the Python community than in OLPC, and I only hoping to suggest that thePython community's pride in its participation in that initiativeshould find its limits. We will give away the number of keynotes that the contract calledfor.  But working in the mailroom, I don't have the facts.Just trying to get the count ;)Art