[Edu-sig] Reminder: Early Bird Registration for PyCon Ending Soon

Arthur ajsiegel at optonline.net
Sat Jan 13 03:57:54 CET 2007

Ivan Krstić wrote:
> [Sorry for the missing References headers; I was not previously
> subscribed to edu-sig.]

I am thankful of your response.  Because it is a response, a
communication. If we decide that the technology provides a new
infrastructure for communication that can be harnessed, and then deem to
communicate only with the like-minded, similarly experienced, and the
onboard, i.e. "peers" - seems to me we are missing most of the point.

An eResponse ;) seems to me a demonstration of the courage of your
convictions.

And it gives me hope that you will be precise in your use of words when
discussing the educational ideas that interest you and that you are
working for and toward. I had been fearing an "eLearning" feel-good
session, and its a long trip from NY for that.

If I disagree - and I well might I would at least like to have a precise
idea of what I am disagreeing with, and why.

How does OLPC avoid communicating that it is OK to *not* understand - in
any meaningful sense - the tools one uses, to children who can't be
expected to understand the working of these tools in any meaningful sense?

..is an attempt to express in a sentence where my concern lies.

FWIW.