[Edu-sig] OLPC news

Jeff Rush jeff at taupro.com
Mon Dec 31 02:39:12 CET 2007

kirby urner wrote:

> Walter Bender is a good source of OLPC news for those of
> you in Python Nation tracking the spread of Python by this
> vector (both as an under the hood engine, and as a user
> friendly API).

Can you give contact info or a blog for this Walter Bender?  I've been trying
to find the hotbed of Python activity for OLPC and haven't found it yet, and
I'm unfamiliar with Walter.

> Not to worry, I won't be flooding edu-sig with cross-posts;
> I save most of the OLPC stuff for my blogs.

Cross-posts -from where-?  I'd like to get on that list to get more involved
with OLPC.  We've got six XO laptops here in the Dallas Pythoneers but haven't
managed to form a community yet, so finding a good list would help.

Don't get me wrong - there are LOTS of lists for OLPC; I'm looking for the one
with knowledgeable Python people motivated to actually produce 'activities'
for the XO, not critique it or hand-wave about it.  People with answers, not
just questions.

-Jeff