[Edu-sig] Movies anyone?

Jan Ulrich Hasecke jan.ulrich at hasecke.com
Thu Dec 20 13:05:24 CET 2007

Hi Kirby,

Am 20.12.2007 um 06:55 schrieb kirby urner:

> I'm wondering if anyone is using, or thinking of using, this imdbpy to
> give students an early appreciation for the power of an open source
> Python package, to deliver relevant movie-related information.
>
> Cut and pasting (excerpting) from
> http://imdbpy.sourceforge.net/docs/README.users.txt, the scripts look
> like this (if you've not used imdb:  every movie, actor etc. is tagged
> with a number):
>
> $ get_movie.py 0133093
> Movie
> =====
> Title: Matrix, The
> Genres: Action, Thriller, Sci-Fi.

[…]

Äh, yes. We did. :-) And we did it with Matrix as example too… (must
be a programmers paranoia ;-)

A colleague of mine and me wrote a chapter in a collaborative
students book about python and we actually showed how to make a
webbased filmdatabase using Grok and imdbpy. An abstract of this
chapter will be published in a German IT-magazine in the new year.

The book is not published though, so I have to ask, whether it is
already possible to make the repository of our example code public.

Grok is a convention over configuration framework for Zope. See
http://grok.zope.org for more information.

Viele Grüße
juh

Mit freundlichen Grüßen