[Edu-sig] Crunchy news

Andre Roberge andre.roberge at gmail.com
Sat Dec 1 03:44:34 CET 2007

Hi everyone,

It's been too quiet here lately, so I thought I would pipe in ;-)

Crunchy (http://code.google.com/p/crunchy) has *almost* reached version 1.0.
Currently, a few high school students are doing Crunchy-related tasks as
part of Google's Highly Open Participation (GHOP) contest.    And I just
produced a first Crunchy screencast (
http://showmedo.com/videos/video?name=1430000&fromSeriesID=143).  It was
recorded in one go, so it's not as polished as it could have been, but it
should give a good idea of Crunchy's current capabilities.

I know, for having corresponded with at least one of them, that some of Jeff
Elkner's students worked on Crunchy related project (porting How to Think
Like a Computer Scientist, as well as possibly the Livewires module) as well
as other projects (GASP, for instance) but I have not heard from him.  So,
Jeff, if you are still on this list, how about letting everyone know all the
good work that you guys have been doing?

For those that have contact with pre-university students (13+), please
encourage them to take part in GHOP.

André