[Edu-sig] Web based Matlab-like software

Andre Roberge andre.roberge at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 23:01:03 CEST 2007

Hi Yusdi,

The link for downloading is broken, as it can only be seen locally.  Here is
what I get:  http://localhost/pmwiki/files/webLab_v0.1.zip

Please, please, fix it as it looks like something really good that I would
love to try!!!!

Have you had a look at Crunchy?  (http://code.google.com/p/crunchy)
It has a similar interface to weblab and one of the development plans for
this summer was to develop a "plugin" for Matplotlib.

With your permission (I don't know what license you used since I can't
download), I would like to see if we can incorporate your program within
Crunchy.  Or perhaps you'd like to join as a developer to the Crunchy team
and do this yourself!?  :-)

Johannes Woolard, co-developer of Crunchy is an Oxford student (in the
computer science department, I believe) is a subscriber to this list.  He is
currently on holidays but I think he should be back some time next week.
You two might be able to meet and discuss face to face about this
possibility.

We are hoping to get two students to work as part of Google's Summer of Code
2007 on Crunchy development and one of them has some experience with
matplotlib already.

André (Roberge)