[Edu-sig] Python and pre-Calculus

Kevin Driscoll driscollkevin at gmail.com
Fri Sep 8 17:33:34 CEST 2006

I'm teaching Pre-Calculus for the first time this year and am hoping
to integrate Python as often as possible.  My syllabus is focused on
exploring functions in various forms, uses, and contexts.  The
intersections to programming are numerous and beautiful.

I'd love to get a brainstorm happening here.  Especially addressing
the college educators, what do you which your freshman had seen in
11th and 12th grade?

Yesterday we worked on building a complete mathematical definition for
a Toaster function.  Wouldn't you know it?  toaster(bread) = toast ...
every time!

Kevin