[Edu-sig] The Fate of VPyton >> BLENDER ??

Jason Cunliffe jasonic at nomadics.org
Thu Oct 12 09:44:12 CEST 2006

ajsiegel at optonline.net wrote:
> So we are adding Scons build to the next, so far imaginary, generation
> of vpython.
>
> "We" are?

Art, I'm impressed by your determination...

Not knowing much about this at a code level, but I thinking more than
ever that it may be a *really* good idea you look hard at Blender.
I've posted edu-sig several times previously, little or no feedback. No
matter, but given the lengths you now seem to prepared to go to to
rescue VPython, I'd be amazed if that effort might not be better applied
to FIRST researching Blender, then perhaps brining your considerable
skills to that table.

It's a sophisticated active platform to build upon - and it renders
beautifully !

Lots of  "we" there -- good community including in France.

OpenGL,  cross platform, GPL license,
For many Blender-ers it's their determined creative auto-didact
motivation to 'do stuff in 3D' that drags them into learning applied
Python.
For example documentation help and recently a distributed network
renderer :-)
Python is embedded in Blender. Plus GameKit and 3D web plug in [windows]

FEATURES
http://www.blender3d.org/cms/Features.155.0.html

FORUM
http://blenderartists.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11