[Edu-sig] Using Python as the "CS 1" programming language

Atanas Radenski radenski at studypack.com
Mon Oct 9 19:00:55 CEST 2006

Quoting Arthur Siegel <ajsiegel at optonline.net>:
> In short, he is in discussion with Michigan State regarding a faculty
> position and teaching CS101 with Python has come up in those
> discussions, and he is looking for folks who have done so.

A partial list of schools using Python is posted here:

http://studypack.com/comp/mod/glossary/view.php?id=2835

If you use Python in CS1 or other types of courses and wish to include
an entry in the above list, please go there and do it. Or email me and
I will include an entry for you. I believe it is useful for the Python
cause to maintain a current list of this type.

Atanas
--
Atanas Radenski
mailto:radenski at studypack.com   http://studypack.com