[Edu-sig] Edu-sig Digest, Vol 39, Issue 2

Tue Oct 3 06:50:54 CEST 2006

kirby urner wrote:
> Scott mentioned our not being able to see how many handles a mug has,
> but with the sys module we can: ....
Perhaps I said that, but what I _meant_ was that you could see the
handles.  In my mind, at least, there is a huge difference between
seeing the handles (what is this value's name?) and knowing how
many there are.  I just don't know a nifty concrete-world analog
to that.  The Library of Congress idea (too flawed, I agree) was
neat because objects (books) could become "lost" without a librarian
noticing.  Then on  to: "Well, if there were a count, and, ......"

-- Scott David Daniels
Scott.Daniels at Acm.Org