[Edu-sig] Vpython 4.0

Arthur ajsiegel at optonline.net
Sat Nov 4 16:15:45 CET 2006

Arthur wrote:

>...including some undocumented features that are intended to make vpython
>accessible to other GUI toolkits (from what I gather).

Looking closer, what Jonathan has done is expose the "display_kernel"
functionality to Python.  It is the same display_kernel functionality
that is inherited and specialized in the C++ code to create the
functioning gtk and native Windows  displays.  It appears to me that the
idea is that  one should be able to specialize other windowing
environments - say  wxPython - by sub-classing from "display_kernel" *in
Python*.   Which sounds to me a clever way to go, if it is in fact workable.

Dethe???.