[Edu-sig] Accessibility to non CS types?

francois schnell francois.schnell at gmail.com
Mon May 29 00:00:53 CEST 2006

On 26/05/06, Paul D. Fernhout <pdfernhout at kurtz-fernhout.com> wrote:

> I think Self leads the way here in generality with one inspector that can
> be used to build GUIs, programs, or just sets of objects. And here is an
> attempt to bring that ease of use to Python, building on ideas from Self
> (and Squeak): :-)
>
> http://svn.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.cgi/patapata/trunk/PataPata/PataPata.py?view=log
> Doesn't succeed yet perhaps in making that beginner friendly, but a start.
> (PythonCard is much better choice for current work though.)

Hello,

I've just gave a try to your "PataPata" and I already have fun with it while
"testing" it :)
http://francois.schnell.free.fr/bazar/patapata-test1/patapata-test1.html

Will it be possible to directly add new methods to morphs (maybe from the
inspector ? ... when I saw the 'grow' method I wanted a "shrink' one ...).
Is there a way yet to execute a Morph method from another Morph (if I click
on Morph 1 I'd like to execute method X from Morph 2 for example).

I find your "PataPata"  promising and I'm eager to see how it evolves :)

francois

--Paul Fernhout