[Edu-sig] Panda3D + Blender on Edubuntu

kirby urner kirby.urner at gmail.com
Wed May 10 21:36:12 CEST 2006

Per this blog post, I've got Panda3D running on Edubuntu:
http://controlroom.blogspot.com/2006/05/edubuntu.html

Blender was already a part of the default installation.  However, on
this Compaq Deskpro, I'm noticing a lot of graphical anomolies around
menu highlighting and other controls.

Blender, you may recall, distinguishes itself by defining all
controlling widgets (of which it has many) internally to the OpenGL
interface, i.e. there's no sense of a frame different from the canvas
(Panda3D by contrast, uses the Tk-based Python Megawidgets classes for
controls).

It'd be useful to have Blender stay in the picture, from a Panda-user
viewpoint, as from what I've gleaned from the docs, Blender is one of
the best platforms for creating new action figures for Panda.  There's
a file format they have in common, given an included conversion
utility.