[Edu-sig] Learning Python via a browser: looking for a name

Dethe Elza delza at livingcode.org
Tue May 2 05:52:11 CEST 2006

On 5/1/06, Andre Roberge <andre.roberge at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Or, if you want to go with Monty Python, "Crunchy Frog" for no reason
> > except it's a skit I can remember which I don't think has been used
> > for a python package yet.
>
> Hmmm since French is my mother tongue, I don`t know what to make of
> the Crunchy Frog suggestion ;-)

OK, just one more post to clarify this issue, then I'll drop the thread too.

<quote>
Milton: We use only the finest baby frogs, dew picked and flown from
Iraq, cleansed in finest quality spring water, lightly killed, and
then sealed in a succulent Swiss quintuple smooth treble cream milk
chocolate envelope and lovingly frosted with glucose.

Praline: That's as maybe, it's still a frog.

Milton: What else?

Praline: Well don't you even take the bones out?

Milton: If we took the bones out it wouldn't be crunchy would it?
</quote>
http://orangecow.org/pythonet/sketches/crunchy.htm

I'm sure it's an important metaphor for something, but I can't for the
life of my think of what.

--Dethe