[Edu-sig] Properties use case

Michael Tobis mtobis at gmail.com
Thu Mar 23 17:49:41 CET 2006

> Then it is the language implementor's  headache to make the locking mechanism work.

"from threading import Lock"

generally works for me.

Arthur is not implementing a general purpose thread-safe language, so
like him I continue to be confused as to the relevance of this
conversation to his project.

This conversation has indeed been interesting. In particular I
appreciate the explanation of what Oz is about. However, one should
make clear whether one is musing or offering advice.

It's my impression that the advice now boils down either to None, or
to abandon Python for Oz, neither of which is very helpful. Did I miss
something?

mt