[Edu-sig] Properties use case

kirby urner kirby.urner at gmail.com
Thu Mar 16 02:45:24 CET 2006

> Is there a mechanism to con Numeric here?
>
> Art

I'm interested in your question and therefore presumably in the
answer.  However, I'm not running Numeric these days, for the simple
reason that it's not currently a part of my Python curriculum.

We create a matrix object, maybe a quaternion object, in order to
rotate our polyhedron objects (assemblages of face-defining tuples,
each element a vertex in a dictionary of vectors -- e.g. the 26 A-Z of
the concentric hierarchy):

http://www.4dsolutions.net/ocn/oop7.html  (see graphic top right).

So I don't need linear algebra from Numeric at this time, nor any of
its other resources.  Not saying I won't in future.  Numpy is cool
stuff.