[Edu-sig] Getting ready for class...

Andre Roberge andre.roberge at gmail.com
Fri Mar 10 01:29:33 CET 2006

On 3/9/06, Gregor Lingl <glingl at aon.at> wrote:

> kirby urner schrieb:
> > Here's what I'm starting with today:
> >
> > http://www.4dsolutions.net/ocn/python/zoo.py
> >
> > Note:  inheriting from object at the top level, per André's suggestion.
> >
> > Kirby
> >

> I also like this example very much (especially the somewhat
> sophisticated use of __repr__).
>
> Despite of the lack of echo to my former (turtle-)example I'd like to
> contribute one more - this one without turtles (the English translation
> may be a bit inept):

[snip]

I don't know how everyone else feels about these long "real-life"
teaching examples but, personally, I *love* them.  Sorry if I didn't
give any feedback on the previous one.

It is not often that I read examples about Python (e.g. those
including weird stomach content) and that I find myself smiling if not
laughing out loud.  And I like the Gregor's "messenger family".

André