[Edu-sig] From Kirby's corner...

ajsiegel at optonline.net ajsiegel at optonline.net
Tue Mar 7 15:44:42 CET 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: kirby urner <kirby.urner at gmail.com>

> We're trying to recruit more girls by taking the edge off of
> technology some (more dolls, fewer bayonets).  A kinder gentler CS?
> Doesn't mean we stop with the war games.  Quakers play Quake.  But
> it's metaphoric violence.

Kirby,

For my taste, you are getting your rap down way too well.

For the record - I found it necessary to walk out of -  yes - a  Monty Python movie.

Limbs were being severed, and people were laughing.  Wasn't in that kind of mood.

My sisters might think that the fact I couldn't sit through that at the time
was a manifestation of mental imbalance.

Trite stuff, your paragraph above, IMO.