[Edu-sig] Edu-sig Digest, Vol 31, Issue 16

Jonah Bossewitch jonah at ccnmtl.columbia.edu
Thu Mar 2 08:26:34 CET 2006

I want to throw out one idea that worked great for me in my initial
introduction to cs.

In our class our first programs generated simple postscript (ie - turtle
graphics) which we then sent to a printer (well, ghostscript first, to
save a few trees).

By week two we were generating mandlebrot sets, and recursive artwork
the week after.

http://www.cs.princeton.edu/courses/archive/spr01/cs126/assignments/mandel.html

best of both worlds?  At least we got to making art quickly.

Best,
/Jonah