[Edu-sig] Pre-announcement announcement

Arthur ajsiegel at optonline.net
Mon Jan 23 02:18:17 CET 2006

I will going out with the PyGeo1.0 alpha release within the next few days.

There has been about as much attention to detail connecting to this
release as I am capable.

Tested on WindowsXP with Python2.4 and ubuntu Linux and Python2.3.

Nonetheless, there is the having left home and forgotten something
important, I'm not sure what, kind of feeling..

My intention is to promote PyGeo mostly outside the Python community.
And if I have any success it will be the first exposure by some folks to
Python.

So it would nice if I got it nice.

The site is

http://pygeo.sourceforge.net

with downloads available on sourceforge.

My impression of how impressions are formed on projects such as this is
on the weakest link in the chain

So frank feedback from anyone willing to take some time and have a look
is appreciated.