[Edu-sig] SIGCSE 2006 - Special Session on Teaching with Python

Arthur ajsiegel at optonline.net
Mon Feb 27 16:48:53 CET 2006

kirby urner wrote:

> A root meaning of 'geek' is circus performer of some kind.  Sometimes
> you need front men and women who rile, provoke, stir things up.

Personally I have a "been there, done that" sense on this score.  San
Francisco 1969, Leary, Kesey and the Merry Pranksters. Visions,
visionaries, and psycho wards.

Do as you will. And the truth is, I think I do understand a lot of what
drives Kay, which is perhaps why he is such a Moriarty to me.
Considering the gap in our technical understandings, I would expect to
not understand a word he says.  The problem is, I think I understand
more of it than I should - too much of it in fact. Too me he is guy who
took one too many hits of some kind of digital acid.

Whatever.