[Edu-sig] whitespace and newlines and seperators ... oh my

Arthur ajsiegel at optonline.net
Fri Feb 3 18:03:42 CET 2006

> >Turns out (I think) - this took be a while - that tokenize
> >seems to be trying to parse things between triple quoted
> >strings, and since there is a lot of code intended to output
> >to Povray SDL and formatted for that purpose - it is choking
> >on whitespace issues (that IMO shouldn't be
> >issues) in that code.

Probably more accurate to think of it as readline reporting to tokenizer in
some unanticipated way. Originally thought this had to do with the way I
tried to play with newlines. Now not so sure - as playing some within the
Povray SDL output code sees to have fixed things. For example I had a line
with nothing more on it than

}

On purpose.

Moving that to the end of the previous line (I'll live) seemed to get me
past the tokenizer problem for that file.

But of course in moving it up I was also effecting newlines.

So maybe that is what solved it.

????