[Edu-sig] A Call to Arms - Advocating Python in Education

Jeff Rush jeff at taupro.com
Wed Dec 13 20:09:40 CET 2006

Paul D. Fernhout wrote:
> Don't forget unschoolers and home schoolers. :-)
>    http://www.unschooling.com/
>    http://homeschooling.gomilpitas.com/
> Plus free schoolers and other alternative schoolers:
>    http://www.educationrevolution.org/
>
> The needs here are often very different than conventional compulsory K-12
> education -- they are generally more open ended and free form.
>
> Such students number about two million strong in the USA and growing, and
> include many parents and kids with free time to contribute as part of an
> educational experience (including potentially to free software development).
>
> So I'd suggest considering having an Unschooling / Home Schooling Advocacy
> Kit, too. :-)

Paul, I've added a kit table of contents at
http://wiki.python.org/moin/Advocacy/HomeSchoolEducatorKit but I lack any
experience with home schooling and will have to rely on others to suggest how
the content would differ.  Hopefully the individual items that make it up will
mostly be in-common with K-12, with just some extra materials included.

-Jeff