[Edu-sig] DocTest Quiz

Jeffrey Elkner jeff at elkner.net
Sun Apr 23 17:23:22 CEST 2006

On Sat, 22 Apr 2006 18:00:27 -0500, Michael Tobis <mtobis at gmail.com> wrote:
>I think I've got a realistic design for a doctest-driven beginners'
>programming courseware suitable for presenting HHTLCSpy - type
>materials that can be put together in a week or so with my level of
>skill. (Or a half-day if I let Ian B in on it... ) That week probably
>won't happen before early June, but I think I'll have something of
>immediate interest to you early enough in the summer that we can
>develop real curriculum in time for next fall.

Thanks, Michael!  I've written up a brief description of the tool I'm looking for here:

http://dc.ubuntu-us.org/projects/doctest-quiz.php

and a briefer launchpad spec here:

https://launchpad.net/products/cando/+spec/doctest-quiz

Paul Carduner is interested in working on it, and I'm looking into submitting it as a Summer of Code project.  I'll keep you posted.

jeff