[Edu-sig] Visual Programming in Python?

Vern Ceder vceder at canterburyschool.org
Sun Apr 16 01:15:47 CEST 2006

I talked to Michel Sanner, one of the developers, at PyCon this year and
Vision, as it's now called, is very much still under development and
using the current Python. It's largely (but not exclusively) aimed at
creating ways to visualize molecular and biological processes.

Vern

Laura Creighton wrote:
> In a message of Sun, 16 Apr 2006 00:35:35 +0200, Laura Creighton writes:
>> I think that scripps lab have written what you want.
>>
>> http://www.scripps.edu/~stoffler/proj/ViPEr/viper.html
>>
>> I remember hearing that the talk they gave at the last pre-pycon
>> Python conference was fantastic.  I don't know if this means their
>> python is circa 2002, though.
>>
>> Laura
>
> Ooops, after poking around I see that the new version of ViPEr is
> called VISION http://www.scripps.edu/~stoffler/proj/Vision/vision.html
>
> but still looks like what you were interested in.
>
> Laura

This time for sure!
    -Bullwinkle J. Moose