[Edu-sig] The end is near :)

kirby urner kirby.urner at gmail.com
Tue Apr 11 14:50:06 CEST 2006

> Indeed.  Could we set up a separate Kirby and Arthur list, so those
> who enjoy watching their Itchy and Scratchy show antics could do so
> somewhere else?

Apologies.  I have hardly any more budget for "replies to Arthur" on
any but narrow topics related to his curriculum writing around PyGeo
(have you seen it?).

I will indeed work to recruit him to some other list for more
broad-ranging discussions, oft times non-Pythonic, which I also enjoy.
 Maybe Math Forum, Arthur?  math-teach perhaps?  Ready for the big
leagues?  I'll wait to see if you show up.

> In the meantime, if anyone wants to read and comment on a 35 page
> document on the rationale behind teaching introductory programming
> using Python, I have one :)

Is it better than Zelle's?  I think the pro Python case has been
cogently stated in more than a few places.  But everyone still thinks
CS is really all about Java.  What *shall* we do?