[Edu-sig] quantum instance

Dethe Elza delza at livingcode.org
Wed Sep 14 17:50:43 CEST 2005

Thanks John, you set what I meant.

On 14-Sep-05, at 8:21 AM, Arthur wrote:
> Oops. Forgot.  Can't use @property for a set.  Because of course
> @property
> is itself in some sense an accident of history.

Not so much an accident of history: property was never intended as a
decorator and probably shouldn't be used as one.  If you really want
to create a read-only decorator, make a new one called "readonly" or
some such.  You can still *implement* it with property, of course.

> Dying to share all this in Python 101.

Not every part of the language needs to fit into an introduction.
There are obscure parts of English that not everyone uses day to day,
but that doesn't mean I argue with poets who use them.

--Dethe

"I started with nothing, and I still have most of it."  -- Steven Wright