[Edu-sig] Python as Application

Chuck Allison chuck at freshsources.com
Wed Oct 26 08:05:12 CEST 2005

Hello Arthur,

A> We understand that all the functionality he will ever need from Excel is
A> available for free in other spreadsheet software.

A> He apparently never will - unless I intercede.

Does it really matter where the software came from, especially if the
open-source version is made to be a virtual copy of Excel (as Open
Office is)? He's learning Good Stuff. Why muddy the waters with
orthogonal political and business issues? What difference will this
make to your son's software/programming experience? Especially at his
age (I assume he's not in college by your description), why not let
him explore with the tools he has.

(And please don't swear at me.)

--
Best regards,