[Edu-sig] Python as a first language for computer sciencist

Kirby Urner urnerk at qwest.net
Thu Oct 20 06:24:24 CEST 2005

> Very rigorous of you, but I doubt you will be talking to *them*.
>
> Art

We'll see.  I need more field experience, to find out what works.  I'll let
you know how it goes when I get to Day 4.

Quoting from my current class outline:

===

Day 4:		Programming Functions

Now that we have variables down, let's look at saving reusable code that
makes use of these variables.  Functions likely (not always) accept
arguments and likely (not always) return some result.

Activity:  investigate Python functions designed to extend numeric
sequences.  These sequences will be found in Sloane's data base.  See The
Book of Numbers by Conway and Guy for more mathematical background, also
Synergetics by Fuller & Company.

===

Except I think I'll rename it to Day 3, and rename Day 1 to Day 0.