[Edu-sig] Python as a first language for computer sciencist

Arthur ajsiegel at optonline.net
Thu Oct 20 01:03:54 CEST 2005

And I think it fair to Python to mention that I was certainly like "this"
before trying to learn to program via a dynamically typed language that has
little use for declarations.

Though from this small a sample we cannot rule out the possibility that
learning to program with Python only works for folks who, as kids,  handled
(out of curiosity) more beads of mercury than was probably good for them.