[Edu-sig] Low Enrollments

Arthur ajsiegel at optonline.net
Sun Oct 16 00:34:26 CEST 2005

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Arthur [mailto:ajsiegel at optonline.net]
> > Sent: Saturday, October 15, 2005 4:09 PM
> > To: 'Arthur'; 'Chuck Allison'
> >

> > The saga of Arthur Anderson is not topical on edu-sig @ python.org.

Maybe it is, at least a little more than you suppose.

I happen to have been placed in a position to know that the industry body
whose charter and mission statement was exactly to oversee and regulate the
likes of Anderson (playing a role in the US economy proportional to that
scale of mission) had not long before the Enron shit hit the fan, put out at
an RFQ in connection with the revamping of its internal technological needs
that made the use of an all Microsoft solution a condition of the RFQ.  And
I know that it was not a decision based on anybody's perception of the merit
of the Microsoft solutions vs. alternative solutions.

That fact and the Anderson saga are not directly causally related, but they
are facts that I think are certainly substantively related, nonetheless.

But you would have to have seen 30 years of industry evolution close up, as
I had, to believe me, or even know what I might mean.

Can't help it, that I did.