[Edu-sig] Low Enrollments

Arthur ajsiegel at optonline.net
Sat Oct 15 21:55:34 CEST 2005

Well I happen to put some importance to small matters like the integrity of
institutions.

Not a story probably "relevant to the members of this list". But a Big story
nonetheless:

I had a pretty good ring side seat to the demise of Arthur Anderson - which
was indeed the Microsoft of the world I was then inhabiting. I felt for some
time it deserved to happen, and was - in the appropriate forums - vocal on
the matter. And was considered to have been pissing in the wind.

Yes.

I enjoyed the view probably more than I should have.

Left with nothing else, interests rallied to the defense of Anderson on the
grounds that disrupting it would disrupt international economics to
everyone's disadvantage.

Did you notice anything?