[Edu-sig] Low Enrollments

Kirby Urner urnerk at qwest.net
Sat Oct 15 21:19:10 CEST 2005

> But how seriously does this issue concern you?
>
> Art

I think I spelled it out pretty clearly already, in terms of my own
situation:  a small business aiming to make a difference in the education
sector.

I'm not experiencing Microsoft as a big threat; have already mentioned how I
use its products in a hospital setting (plus Python); I pretty much share
Chuck's read on .NET and Mono.

You're way over there on the east coast, worried about Europe and such.  I'm
more Asia-facing.  There may be too wide a geographic difference between us
for a shared detailed analysis to make sense.  We're in different
ecosystems.

I'll continue reporting on my progress on edu-sig from time to time.  How
you want to arrange things or exert influence around New York is really none
of my business.

I just hope you're wrong about .NET, for Python's sake.