[Edu-sig] Microsoft's KPL

Kirby Urner urnerk at qwest.net
Wed Oct 12 16:14:39 CEST 2005

> My "not of interest to the list" was not a put-down, just meant "this
> is not shared background, not everybody-knows stuff."

Note:

My exact words were:  "not necessarily relevant history to others on this
list, either."

I was NOT saying:  therefore shut up about it (even though I'd encouraged
you to share your history).

I was saying:  more please, if you're going to keep taking strong positions
and emphasizing how strongly you feel about them.

Because you can't rightly expect your version of history to be what others
on this list have considered as a relevant telling, me included.

All this applies to me as well.  I need to publish my version of history
too, for context -- and do, though more at my web sites than here.

OK, I think that must be crystal clear.

Of course you don't have to follow my advice, and of course I'm free, if you
don't, to stop trying to understand your posts, or even read them.