[Edu-sig] Basic dictionary question

Kirby Urner urnerk at qwest.net
Sun Oct 9 07:54:39 CEST 2005

Talk about fishing for expert help!

Thanks Guido.

It's a pruning algorithm where I strip way pieces that don't meet up at
(x,y,z) bridge points.  Lots of symmetry about the origin so just pure
distance won't work (not unique enough).

I think might still get away with a tuple-indexed dict (tallying for pairs,
pruning the rest) if I boil my floating points down to fixed decimals -- a
chance to play with the new decimal type perhaps.

I appreciate the quick lecture on intransitive nature of fuzzy equality and
__hash__ vs. __eq__.  Helps me think.

Kirby