[Edu-sig] Microsoft's KPL

Arthur ajsiegel at optonline.net
Sun Oct 9 02:27:41 CEST 2005

Not getting it.  Beauty is beauty, and is never useful.  Why is there a
rejection in the women's culture of this particular form of useless beauty?

But there are 2 important things to reject, I believe:

That women are somehow less capable in this area.

That something has been or is being done to them -  by someone or something
that isn't them  - to exclude them.

Then a conversation can be had, at least.

I think we got the gender neutral word problems in all the textbooks.
Unless there's one non-neutral one in a textbook used in some Alabama
counties that is still causing all the problems.