[Edu-sig] Python + Tkinter open source videos

Kirby Urner urnerk at qwest.net
Sun Nov 6 02:02:42 CET 2005

If you're unaware of video.google.com, a beta video service, this might be a
good time to click on:
http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=python+chieh&page=1&lv=1

What you'll find is a list of open source (cc) Tkinter + Python vtutorials,
done on a GNOME desktop, by a gent named Chieh in Boston (although he used
to live in Madrid).

He's got an entry at the PythonInfo Wiki:
http://wiki.python.org/moin/Intro_to_programming_with_Python_and_Tkinter

If you check the OurMedia archive, you'll see he's allowing Remix in
non-commercial work, i.e. a student could splice Chieh clips into some later
work (with attribution):  http://ourmedia.org/node/2128

"I must apologize that many people would find my lectures over simplified or
goes too slow. I wrote these lectures aimed for kids and people that never
had any programming experience. Lecture 16 is going to start picking up the
pace. -- chieh"

===

In other news IronPython 0.9.4 is out -- the first on to use the non-beta
.NET 2.0.  This version includes a helpful tutorial.  Vtutorials around
IronPython would be useful too.