[Edu-sig] Reading ahead... (tech future, background)

Kirby Urner urnerk at qwest.net
Wed Nov 2 21:03:40 CET 2005

> > Or if I don't, so what?
>
> But why do you keep bringing it up?

Because it's a feature of our shared landscape.  If this were a
mountain-climbers' list, I might keep bringing up Everest.  Did you already
know all that about XAML?  Sorry.

> Yes we know about IronPython.  With Jim Huginin behind it, it has to take
> seriously - to the extent one takes .Net seriously.  What else needs to be
> said - here.
>
> Art

Your focus on personalities, money, politics... boring (to me).

It's the actual technology itself I find somewhat interesting.  Apropos to
this list:  how best to cover it, phase it in, fit it under umbrella
concepts.  Constituting Python UI objects from an XML file ala XAML -- is
that more CS1 or CS2?

I think there's lots to say about this stuff, but saying anything
interesting actually requires doing some homework, learning some nuts and
bolts.

Who's behind it and who's making money off it is your department (yawn).

So far, I've seen nothing from you to suggest you know much of anything
about .NET, excepting the stuff that doesn't matter (to me).