[Edu-sig] Reading ahead... (tech future, background)

Arthur ajsiegel at optonline.net
Wed Nov 2 18:42:10 CET 2005

> Behalf Of Kirby Urner
> Sent: Tuesday, November 01, 2005 9:07 PM
> To: edu-sig at python.org
> Subject: [Edu-sig] Reading ahead... (tech future, background)
>
> At the risk of straying from matters Pythonic (IronPython would be the
> implicit link), I thought I'd say a few words about where Microsoft is
> going, and to some extent Mono i.e. .NET on Linux.

Yeah - we know you like .Net.

The great things about new things is that the hype is upfront, and the
dossier on the downside takes time to develop.  We get to be in love for a
while. Eventually one thing catches up to another.

The tech scene seems to me almost akin to a dating scene.

Maybe there is a gender clue in here somewhere - women tending to be more
sophisticated on these matters, and valuing constancy more.  There was -
even to myself - something  a bit "boys being boys" about the computer
section of the bookstore I visited.

What web framework are the boys pollinating this week?