[Edu-sig] Edu-sig Digest, Vol 22, Issue 26

Arthur ajsiegel at optonline.net
Sat May 28 13:11:06 CEST 2005

If they serious about video games, they (I was surprised myself to find)
should be learning Lisp ;).

I am always interested in a language's 3d resources, so in investigating
those of Lisp I was surprised to find the role it play in the development of
modern video games.  A direct link can be made between the early Lisp
machines and Super Mario Brothers, a link which winds its way through
Symbolics, Inc., to Nichimen Graphics, and is still quite alive at Izware

http://www.izware.com

Gaming consoles like Nintendo apparently developed as special purpose
machines with a direct Lisp machine heritage.  Who knew.