[Edu-sig] Good Ol' Mr. B

Arthur ajsiegel at optonline.net
Tue May 17 15:12:30 CEST 2005

FWIW -

My sister forwarded to me some discussion on a school alumni site she came
across about a teacher she knows I loved - chess, flexagons, brain teasers,
soma blocks.  He only got away with devising his own curriculum because this
was an experimental class for "gifted" children, whereby we had him for two
years which covered 4th, 5th and 6th grades.

Turns out he is still active in a second career as a word puzzle author, and
a regular contributor to the NY Times crossword puzzle page

http://ostg.pricegrabber.com/search_bkcontrib.php/bkcontrib_id=2977658/csub=
1/

Or google on George Bredehorn

The discussion at the site was about organizing a re-union with Mr. B and
the former students that can be located.

I think of him consistently in my postings here.

On one hand, there would not be a PyGeo were there not a Mr. B.  He
influenced me to love playful intellectual activity.

On the other hand, I can't think of the curriculum to which he exposed us to
be improvable by technology.

But I would hope to discuss this subject directly with him should our
re-union develop.