[Edu-sig] UPDATE: High School Network Security

Kirby Urner urnerk at qwest.net
Tue May 17 05:09:38 CEST 2005

> Any thoughts from you folks? Do they have any truly valid points?
> Perhaps a "Live CD" is my best (only?) option.
>
> Many thanks again,
> Frank Noschese
> John Jay High School
> Cross River, NY

Maybe the policy should stay as is.

We in Oregon like the competitive advantage this sets up.  Having New York
shoot itself in the foot, and be righteous about it (even citing Bar
Association stuff -- sheesh), is a happy development.

If, as an individual teacher, you get tired of these working conditions,
consider moving.  We're less of a slave ship out here.  And by the looks of
it, we treat our kids better too.